We believe in the quality of our mattresses and mattress bases, and we stand by it with a 5-year ,10-year, 15-year, or a 20-year back-to-base limited warranty (kindly check your product description for warranty duration). Zzz Atelier warrants your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period specified by the warranty from the original purchase date. Please take a few minutes to read over the specific terms and conditions of the warranty in the following sections.
This warranty is given by:
Zzz Atelier (ABN: 699 021 855 65)
Warranty Liability Cap & Limitations
- Zzz Atelier offers a guarantee which is only for the benefit of the original purchaser of the product, and is non-transferable.
- The total value of all repairs, replacements or refunds (sum of all) for the entire period of warranty cannot exceed the actual order price, calculated as the price of purchase minus any discount you received, excluding shipping charges.
- Zzz Atelier has sole discretion to determine the value of each repair, replacement or refund.
- You are only entitled to maximum 1 replacement mattress for the entire period of warranty.
What this warranty covers
The benefits given to you in our warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the mattress to which the warranty relates. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the mattress. You are also entitled to have the mattresses repaired or replaced at Zzz Atelier's discretion if the mattresses is defective but the failure does not amount to a major failure.
During the period specified by the warranty from the date of your purchase of this product, Zzz Atelier will repair or replace the defective product or part if the defect is found to be caused by faulty workmanship or materials under a valid warranty claim. Zzz Atelier reserves the right to substitute products or parts of equal or better quality, and to use or deliver refurbished products or parts in the repair or replacement product under this warranty. This warranty covers the following specific manufacturing faults under conditions of normal wear.
- Coils or wires that are loose or broken.
- Coils or wires that protrude or rip through the fabric.
- Sagging with indentation greater than 38mm. This is covered ONLY IF the mattress has been continuously supported by a matching foundation, or an appropriate bed frame. For queen or king size mattresses, an appropriate bed frame includes at least five legs and a rigid centre support that extends from the frame to the ground. For slatted bed frames, if width of slats is less than 6cm, width of gaps between slats should not exceed 6cm. If width of slats is more than 6cm, width of gaps between slats can be more than 6cm but must be equal or less than the width of slats.
- Splits in the wood frame, except those caused by abuse or that occur during improper use.
- Splitting occurring in the wood frame.
- Loose or broken foundation wire.
- Compression of modules.
- Leg and castor failure.
What this warranty does not cover
This warranty does not cover:
- Mattress fabric or stitching - damaged, worn or torn fabric or stitching can be caused by many factors, including but are not limited to rough handling, excessive force during use or move, exposure to chemicals, etc, which are difficult to determine. We may consider providing courtesy assistance (financial or otherwise) at our sole discretion if the issue is reported immediately upon receipt of goods.
- Handles (where fitted) - these should be used only to position the mattress and should not be used to support the full weight of the mattress.
- Border wires, which run along the perimeter of the mattress (innerspring) and foundation, bent due to moving or folding the sleep set.
- Bedding sold 'As Is'
- Comfort layer and materials
- Bed Height.
- Mattress firmness or changes in firmness over time.
- Mattress noise
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation or bed frame.
- Minor manufacturing anomalies that do not impact the performance of the bed (eg. mis-stitching on quilting).
- Damage due to misuse, abuse or neglect negligence including folding, bending, standing on or jumping on the mattress or base.
- Conditions arising from normal wear and tear including mattress cover compression, foam compression or discolouration of components.
- A mattress or base that, on inspection by Zzz Atelier is found to be stained or in an unsanitary condition.
- Bent or broken castors or legs, loose T-nuts inside the base, caused by castor legs not having been kept sufficiently tight or other broken fittings caused by poor maintenance.
Unless you have purchased a mattress from our commercial range and have been explicitly given a commercial warranty, the mattress warranty shall become void if the goods are used for any commercial purpose or in any commercial environment.
Except as expressly stated, this warranty does not include any right to be reimbursed or compensated for physical or financial injury, loss, damage, expense, time or inconvenience (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the occurrence of the defect in the mattress or base or your inability to use the mattress or base.
The repair or replacement of a product or part under this warranty will not extend the warranty period given to the original purchaser under this warranty.
How to claim under your warranty
To be entitled to make a claim under your warranty you must:
- tell us of the defect within 30 days after it has appeared;
- provide us with your full name, address, email and phone number;
- provide us with details of the defect;
- provide a photo sample illustrating the defect; and
- provide us with your original proof of purchase receipt.
You may contact us directly if you prefer. However, for purchases made via our eBay or MyDeal re-sellers we recommend that you use them as your first point of contact, as they may have additional store policies which may further assist you in warranty claim matters.
Please do not return the mattress until an approval for product return is issued by our customer service.
To be eligible for claiming under warranty, the mattress must be free from soiling, stains and tears.
Once we have accepted the warranty claim, Zzz Atelier may, at our discretion, repair or replace the product, subject to the conditions in our limited warranty schedule in below sections. If the product is no longer being manufactured, we may choose to replace the product with a comparable model. Zzz Atelier has sole discretion to determine what the current comparable model is.
All our warranties are back-to-base warranty. This means you will be responsible for returning the defective product or part to our nominated service centre or warehouse and for the shipping of the repaired or replaced product or part when it is ready.
Sagging vs. body impression
Various components utilised for the comfort layers will settle and could compress due to the weight and shape of the user. This “settling” or compression is not a structural or design defect, but a normal, expected result of product use. Body impressions are not considered a warranty issue unless the indentation exceeds 38mm. Compression of upholstery layers is not covered under this Limited Warranty.
Limited Warranty Schedule
Your mattress requires proper care and maintenance to continue to be eligible for warranty coverage. Do not allow anyone to abuse your mattress under any circumstances. Below are a few things which you should pay attention to in caring for your mattress.
- After your mattress is delivered we recommend that you air it for 4 hours to freshen and remove any aroma from storage.
- You should also give some time for your mattress to recover from compression and to settle. We recommend that you allow at least 24 hours before you start to sleep on it. A freshly decompressed mattress can take up to 7 days to recover to 95% of it's manufactured height and dimension. Don't worry if your mattress feels slightly different after a few night's sleep.
- Use a matching foundation or bed frame designed for your mattress for proper support.
- Use a proper bed frame and centre support beam on queen and king size mattress.
- Keep your mattress clean and use a mattress protector. Stains, soiling, fluid penetration or other signs of abuse may void the warranty and make your mattress ineligible for repair or replacement.
- When you remove your bedding for washing it's a good opportunity to let you mattress air for half an hour or more. We also recommend that you vacuum it every month or two; take care not to damage the outer surface as this can be fairly delicate.
- You should not flip your mattress if it is a "no-flip" model. To find out if your mattress is a "no-flip" model, please refer to product description on our website or consult our customer service. A "no-flip" mattress will still need to be rotated. You should flip / rotate your mattress once every month during the initial 3 months, followed by frequent flipping / rotation no less than once every 3 months thereafter.
- Carry your mattress upright, on its side. It is easier to handle in this position and less likely to become damaged. If you need to store your mattress for an extended period, please store it flat.
- Don't bend your mattress under any circumstances. This could result in permanent damage.
- Don't allow anyone to stand or jump on your mattress, abuse is not covered by this guarantee.
- Don't use handles when turning your mattress. Handles are intended only to position the mattress.
Your mattress is not fireproof
Please avoid placing your mattress near open flames or expose it to fire. Your mattress is not flame proof or fire proof and can ignite or burn if exposed to open flame or fire. When ignited, some bedding materials can burn rapidly and emit smoke and hazardous gases.
In order to reduce the risk of fire:
- DON’T smoke in bed. This is a common cause of fatal fires.
- DO keep matches and lighters away from children.
- DON’T use candles on or around your bed.
- DO keep space heaters away from your bed or other flammable items. Follow all manufacturer’s instructions and warnings.
- DON’T run electrical cords under your bed or trap them against a wall. Avoid placing lamps where they can fall on the bed.